You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector fill tool also needs an option of using all visible vectors

Instead of having to select vectors every time. One should be able to just select the bucket and click and fill and all visible vector in the selected area are used to create the vector fill. The option to select should exist yet not required. Along with that there should a gap tolerance that will still fill the area making up for small gaps one might not have seen. 

• Staff

Hi @Just a Creative

The Vector Flood Fill tool needs a layer selection to work, however you can have selected multiple Vector objects and use the fill tool. Is this what you mean? 

On 4/27/2023 at 6:33 PM, Just a Creative said:

Along with that there should a gap tolerance that will still fill the area making up for small gaps one might not have seen. 

In regard to the above, the tool currently works based on the curve geometry, however I have put forward your suggestion for consideration.  

• 1 month later...

I mean currently if nothing is selected currently the vector fill tool won't work. It should be instead that the current layer you're working on should act as if selected while using the vector fill, if edit all layers isn't selected. If edit all layer is selected then act as if all layer are selected. Obviously disreagaring all hidden items\objects. 

As far as gap. If I draw a face shape for example and I'm like 4-6 pixel sort of connecting. The vector fill should auto connect the gap in the fill, not in the drawn vector just the fill shape.