You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v_kyr

Trying out building some flip book text effect in APh v1, though it would be overall better to have some reusable macro/script for creating such text effect tasks. Also undoubtly it would be overall better to do the whole with plain vectors instead of pixels here. - BTW it's also one of those things where one is then sadly missing some blend tool for creating intermediate steps.

fliptext_aph.jpg.2e8f09bdab299aa25e9d635483c514ed.jpg

design_fliptext_600.jpg.d25480263983045269a2fa5df7ccc4ab.jpg

For text not all letters/characters and fonts work & look well here, so using capitalized words in some heavy font is mostly recommended, as far as chars like an "J" or "L" aren't used, as those (as can be seen below) would produce unsightly effect gaps ...

developer_600.jpg.dbcae3ff4bea0560f8cea5914051f5c2.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I had an effective but small-image freeware app that did vector animation and tweening, way back in the late 90s; but it was on my first laptop that died. I don;t know if it's still around in the internet ether somewhere, but I'll try and remember what it was called and see if I can find it. If i do I'll let you have the details.

Ah . . . it's not quite what I thought it was! It's called Winmorph, and creates animated morphs and warps on pixel images, using vector shapes and node manipulation, which can be exported in video format(s). It's now ten or eleven years old, 32-bit, but seems to work well enough. You can find details and download links at https://www.debugmode.com/.
A proper video editor is probably more use. I still use Serif's MoviePlus, but I don't know if it's still available.

On 4/15/2023 at 6:45 PM, Kasper-V said:

Ah . . . it's not quite what I thought it was!

Yes that's a older morphing tool, even not entirely what I meant some sort of morphers might partly can also do generate intermidiate steps. - A vector Blend tool in contrast does usually generate the defined amount of intermidiate steps between two shapes/objects.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2