You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving an art board does not adjust Slices accordingly

2 hours ago, LionelD said:

In Designer 2, if you move an Art Board after creating slices, the position of the slices does not get adjusted to follow the Art Board.  And it’s trivial to reproduce.

I think that is by design.

I found that if you avoid creating slices based on fixed xy coordinates and instead selected objects in the export studio layers panel then  when items are moved around the slices do get adjusted to follow the changes in the Design persona.

So before creating your slices, in the export persona try selecting the objects you want to create a slice with the export studio layers panel open. Slices created based on objects rather than xy coordinates remain intact. EDIT: And that includes when artboards are moved, see second example.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

@Paul Mudditt, I did not understand the difference between those two approaches to making slices, so your post is very instructive.  Thanks for taking the time to explain and provide examples.

My first thought is that basing slices on a subset of objects won’t work for me in general, but I’ll experiment with it because there is one situation where that will be very handy.

I make a lot of repeating patterns, so the slices that extract the repeating tile almost never consist strictly of whole objects, and there can be lots of layers.  My slices always have absolute pixel locations, but I might be able to change that using your information.  And I don’t flatten my layer structures, as that does not seem to have any benefits.

You did get me thinking……

Regards