You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add Support for Hyperlinks using data merge

Hey guys,

Data Merge is a really nice feature of Affinity Publisher, but unfortunately it doesn't support linking text content using the URL that is in the CSV.

It would be wonderful to have this feature working, mainly because not even Acrobat Reader can do it at the moment, you would be at the forefront once again with such an amazing feature.

• 5 weeks later...

Serif generally doesn't respond in this part of the forums. 

It's not in 2.0 or 2.1. Only time will tell if it appears in some later release or version.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2023 at 4:44 PM, walt.farrell said:

Serif geralmente não responde nesta parte dos fóruns. 

Não é em 2.0 ou 2.1. Só o tempo dirá se aparecerá em algum lançamento ou versão posterior.

Hi Walt, every month when I have to do the work again of linking 90 separate lines I come back to the forum. Can you tell me where would be the best place for me to post this request?

11 minutes ago, V Axes said:

Hi Walt, every month when I have to do the work again of linking 90 separate lines I come back to the forum. Can you tell me where would be the best place for me to post this request?

You've already posted it, here, as a request. Serif will either do it someday, or not, and you'll know they're doing it if it shows up in a Beta release.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I would also like to request this feature is built into a future release of Publisher so we can add a hyperlink to an image (or text) that's been imported into a document in a data merge. We are using data merge to create a weekly calendar of 40-60 events and it's really very frustrating having to do it manually every time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for this suggestion, we have added this option in the 2.2 beta which is available now.

If you'd like to give it a go you can join our beta program here - be great to get your feedback.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2