You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP 2.1.0.1730 mac] Selection by ctrl-click: problem with groups

There is a problem with ctrl-clicking on mask icon, added to group. Ctrl-clicking on mask icon should produce selection, that match the content of the mask itself (this is expected behaviour). But with masks added to group this is not the case, produced selection is invalid since it allow to draw on areas that is clearly BLACK inside mask. Look at video and attached file.

Ctrl-click on the same mask moved out of group produce proper selection, the problem only happens when mask is added to group

selection bug.afphoto

16 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi IPv6,

Is this something you're finding new to V2.1? I've tried a similar thing myself in V1, V2.0.4 and V2.1 and all the results I get are the same (using the attached file)! 

However I've queried what the designed behaviour is in this scenario!

CtrlClickSElect.afphoto 128.43 kB · 0 downloads

No, it`s not new. Same results - you mean you can draw on the areas, that are clearly blacked out in mask after making selection out of this mask?
If yes - How its possible its not a bug?  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Still a problem in 1736 //

In fact this is quite annoying problem. My case - i have a group with pixel content and a mask of this objects added to group. I want to cut this objects from some other layers in other groups (rendered masks from blender). I ctrl-clicking on the mask of the objects (that is added to group) and copy-pasting parts of layer from other group with newly-made selection... And every time i need to additionally cut off excessive parts in copied pixel layers. because selection does exactly corresponds to actual mask of the object. Really annoying //

• 2 weeks later...