You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where is the Document Menu?

The instructions for how to find the Font Manager say go to the Document Menu.

WhereTF is that? 

These AD instructions that leave no obvious pointers (like in the upper right corner) are maddening. 20 minutes searching for the f'ing thing.

Low flying bacon finder. Sleeptime 23hrs a day.

I am not sure which program you are asking about:

Publisher:  top most menu bar > Window > Font Manger
                         Font Manger is near the top of the list

Designer and Photo I do not believe have this function instead use the resource manager found again in the Window menu.

I have found that often time the help function actually does help.

In Affinity Publisher v1, Font Manager is indeed in the Document menu:

975984629_Screenshot2023-03-11at17_45_26.thumb.png.9d38e694027983fa20085c7cd518c868.png

But in Affinity Publisher v2, Font Manager is in the Window menu:

1343211580_Screenshot2023-03-11at17_44_15.png.5ca2b02d9b24ee3f4335206f00e6f453.png

This is from the v2 help file:

2031568126_Screenshot2023-03-11at17_48_55.png.d29adda9a8f3923f5da464d322a5b653.png

Sounds like you're reading instructions for Affinity Publisher v1 and applying them to Affinity Publisher (or Designer?) v2.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

2 hours ago, Humbucker said:

These AD instructions that leave no obvious pointers (like in the upper right corner) are maddening. 20 minutes searching for the f'ing thing.

Font Manager is in Publisher, not in Designer. What instructions are you reading?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

In Affinity Designer 2 if you hit the Help Menu there's nothing in there if you search Font Manager. However, if you do an online search for how to get to Font Manager it takes you here: https://affinity.help/publisher/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Text/fontManager.html?title=Font Manager

I see it says publisher in the link now, but if you click the link not looking at the URL the instructions are confusing. 

This is what I was looking to get answered. I wondered if it's possible to switch certain fonts on or off, and or group fonts in the upper left Font Family dropdown.

Is there an option like that on AD2? I need to manage a lot of fonts and Alphabetical order seems to be the only way.

Low flying bacon finder. Sleeptime 23hrs a day.

10 minutes ago, Humbucker said:

I see it says publisher in the link now, but if you click the link not looking at the URL the instructions are confusing.

Don't do a web search. Or, if you do, you must check the content of the URL. Otherwise you'll get very confused. More that in your search, not only was it for Publisher, it was for V1 of Publisher. That gives two likely sources of confusion.

No, you can't manage Fonts as you're wanting in the Affinity applications. You must use an external Font Manager application. As for grouping the Fonts, that can be done on Mac with the system's built-in font manager, I think. It can't be done on Windows as far as I know.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1