You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Access Photoshop paths

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Poziomka,

Could you show us what your trying to do with a screen capture video?

Lee

On 2/24/2023 at 10:25 AM, Poziomka said:

Can I get to the tracks from Photoshop in Photo? Exactly the paths in psd or tif.
In JPG files path activate automatically, but wrong, because despite the lack of cutting off, it cuts off.

From my experiments a while back, Photo doesn't understand psd clipping paths but:
either
1 Change the path to a Vector Mask
Layer/Vector Mask/Current path but only one mask per layer, you can make copies of the image and add a Vector Mask to each layer, file size goes ↑

image.jpeg.2e14051c4ea36dec2935cd7ce2774cbd.jpeg

or
2 Change the path to a Shape
Select path, Layer/New fill layer/Solid colour will create shapes which opens in Photo as vector shapes that can be nested under the image as a clipping mask

image.jpeg.2b0df8df1fc30042e09f12c38584ea89.jpeg

Hope that's useful

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

As I wrote earlier. The PS paths saved in the JPG file opens in Photo correctly (see zip in previous attachment - I couldn't add a JPG file), the same file saved as PSD or TIF loses paths! Many people still use them, e.g. Apple. The use of vector masks is OK. But once I got a print-ready tiff, why correct it? Just use it.
I'm writing because maybe someone developers will read and slightly improve the existing import of tiff and psd files.