You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Screwy Text styles in Affinity Publisher 2

How do I set Publisher so that there are no text styles applied when I create a new text box? NO STYLES is selected in paragraph and character menus yet I am still getting formatted text when I create a new text box. I want plain, unstyled text that I format myself.

Publisher is my least favorite app of the Affinity Suite because it doesn't work like most page layout apps behave . . . It operates too much like MS Effin' Word and not like the llate Pagemaker, Quark, or InDesign . . .

[No Style] is going to give you whatever the Paragraph and Character Panels have set in them. Centred 24 point Bold Helvetica, or 11 point Courier on 14 point leading aligned to the right.

I would suggest you set up a paragraph the way you would want your "unstyled" text to appear and then set that as the default for [No Style] by first selecting the paragraph with the Text Caret. Now go to Edit > Defaults > Synchronize from Selection and then immediately go to Edit > Defaults > Save. 

What would text with no style applied to it look like?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.6 
Affinity Designer 2.5.5 | Affinity Photo 2.5.5 | Affinity Publisher 2.5.5 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

Old Bruce, I am also an Old Bruce and am old school. I do not preformat my text at the beginning of any project. I place all the text and then organically and manually shift the type around and decide what the styles should be as I see how the type flows within the document. In InDesign I would create styles after I had set most of the text knowing that I would probably have to make some adjustments after styling everything . .

All new text boxes were whatever font and type size was set as the app default. The text size was always set on proper leading say 12/14 or 12/15. Publisher automatically sets it solid (12/12, 14/14, etc) which is a PITFA.

• 3 weeks later...