You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Possible bug with Reopen Document(s) On Startup in Publisher 2.0.3

flyleaf

Is it just me, or does the preference for Reopen Document(s) On Startup not work? I definitely have this option checked, but every time I quit and relaunch Publisher, the documents I had open last session do not automatically reopen.

• Are you using the latest release version? Yes, v. 2.0.3
  • Can you reproduce it? Yes, every time, invariably.
  •  What is your operating system and version? macOS Monterey 12.6

Hi, it's due to the interaction of this feature with the macOS System Settings > Desktop and Dock > Close windows when quitting an application. Prior to Ventura, this was in Preferences > General. Note that the macOS setting is backward from the Affinity setting so Affinity ON and macOS OFF are equivalent.

With Publisher reopen at startup ON and macOS close windows when quitting OFF:

• Publisher will open previously saved and saved/modified documents.
  • Publisher will not re-open previously unsaved documents that you saved while quitting. IMO this is a bug.

With Publisher reopen at startup ON and macOS close windows when quitting ON:

• Publisher will not reopen any documents because the macOS setting is overriding the Publisher setting.

With Publisher reopen at startup OFF and macOS close windows when quitting OFF:

• Publisher will not reopen any documents because Publisher's setting is overriding macOS setting. This is good.

I hope this information will help you adjust your settings the way you want them. I'm unsure why the Affinity setting is necessary given there is a macOS setting for the same thing that's being used.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)