You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2 Text Styles Missing?

Hi Designers,

i hope you can help.

I cant find my full set of text styles like in this picture below from another user.

Publisher Workbook text styles missing? - Pre-V2 Archive of Affinity on  Desktop Questions (macOS and Windows) - Affinity | Forum

I do not have this same list of text styles as you can see from my attachment

i only have half a dozen.

> Can you please tell me how to get the Full list of text styles back

as in the Top Picture i pasted in.

I want to use Line to left  but i can not find them anywhere.

> What am I doing wrong?

Are they or is there a certain Default File that I can import or load on my pc or in the affinity main folders,

if so what is the address or name of folder.

Thanks guys I have reset pub so many times and it is frustrating as i cant ind an answer anywhere.

Thanks for yr help

cheers Kev

kev text stles lit.png

Text Styles are saved with the document.

If you want to use the Text Styles from one document in another document then you can import them from one to the other via the ‘hamburger’ menu at the top-right of the Text Styles Panel (Import Styles...).

If you want to have those Text Styles as the default for your new documents then you can use the same menu to do that (Save Styles as Default).

image.png.ed06b7ce5d8881f809e92092f7dcb2e9.png

Do you see that same truncated list when you open a new document, @Kev Borg? Or do you have the problem with some specific document?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi guys,

thank you very much for yr help, It is very much appreciated.

I am still learning Publisher 2 but what I have noticed, in Designer 2 and Publisher 2, is that all my text styles are depleted like in my photo attached before,

they are all short, now I haven't worked out if that is my fault or have I done something wrong.

But thanks to you all, I have had to go and open every document, and then go and Import the Text Styles from a Clean document and then Save that as my Default.

But so far every document in both apps, has been depleted, and I am now slowly building them back up to the full text styles set in all my documents.

I was under the understanding that I could just go and import the std default set from an Affinity folder some where, but after yr help

i am realizing that the text styles seem to always be in flux. And I will have to be careful in case It is me who is unknowingly destroying

the full set each time.

If I am wrong let me know, and once again thank you very much . Also I turned off the "Hierarchical" as i noticed that, when that option is turned On,

it shortens the list considerably. So now I have the Full List back in most documents and still have a few more to fix.

Thanks

Cheers Kev