You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity V1 app crashing on iPad Pro after 16.2OS update

Hello, 

I have been using and becoming seasoned with the Affinity Designer V1 app for the iPad. I have not upgraded to V2 because of reviews I have read, stating that is almost a completely different experience, that requires a pretty heavy learning curve. And since I just got used to the original version, and am enjoying it, I figured I would hold off.

I am running an M1 iPad Pro, and I just recently updated the OS to the 16.2 version. Everything has been working just fine for a few weeks with no issues, but now the app repeatedly keeps crashing, right when I’m in the middle of working on a piece. And my work is not auto-saving either… To the point where my work is halted. 

I am not sure if this is because of the outdated app, my OS, or maybe my I am running out of RAM. I dunno.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, because I am getting pleasantly frustrated with this.

Thanks,

Andrew G

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Bald Eagle

I'm running 16.2 on an M1 iPad Pro and am not experiencing this issue. 

Are you using 1.10.7? If not, can you try updating the app and seeing if the issue persists. 

Please could you attach your crash report

There is a 30 day trial available for V2, although the UI does differ and there are new features, the switch from v1 should not be too steep a learning curve and you'll find a lot of familiarity between the apps.