You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workflow anyone? Remember paths...

It would be nice if "Save As ..." would remember the last saved path ...
But remembering things seems to be one of the hardest challenges for Serif products ...

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

1) You have completely wrecked the layers panel, Serif.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.
Publisher is unsuitable for serious use, and was never adopted.

Yes, I'm well aware that you're supposed to stick to one topic threat once it has been brought up. On the other hand ... The 7 year old problem still persists in the highly praised V2. New version - new topic.

How ignorant can one be. As I continuosly keep saying: Serif gives a shit on most important workflow and essential usabillity. They have no focus on people seriously working with their products on a professional base. If I'd just be an occasional user I'd probably not care about such a topic. And of course users needs are different. Even professionally working on a single project for weeks this kind of workflow would not matter. But as a photographer who's dealing with hundrets of files daily for different customers efficiency in workflow for me is significant time (money). I brought this problem also up for the export dialog that still is a nightmare if you need to export multiple files in a row. I wish I'd see even the slightes movement on serif side ...

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com