You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2.03 - square bracket brush size fixed only for paint brush

krbo

we have a lot of reports of erroneous work using square brackets for brush size adjustment, mostly for german keyboard but it's not working for any localized keyboard which uses right ALT key (called Alt Gr) to engage square brackets.

now I see it is fixed in 2.03 but only for paint brush, not for other brushes (clone, erase...) - still moving through layers instead of changing brush size

please fix that program wide

Hello! It appears to me that you can change the keys to any other keys in all of those tools (just checked myself). So, in Preferences-> Shortcuts, leaving the 1st deploying menu as "Photo", the below one set it to Brush tool, Clone tool, Eraser tool... set on each them two keys you would want for increase size/decrase brush/clone/etc size. Can use the same pair for all the tools. Always that don't interfere with shortcuts of other tools that you use heavily.

I indeed have two other keys as the Wacom Panel does not love the brackets, either...  And years ago I'd just any other pair of keys that were comfortable for me. Currently (since years, and in all the apps I use) I assigned those two keys to my Wacom tablet's  Disc/ring, adjusting to lower speed the ring sensitivity, and I have my left hand there on the disc/ring (close to the keyboard, too). One of the best life-quality improvements changes in my painting activity.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

• 3 weeks later...