You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom field in Navigator not displaying the decimal portion.

Using Mac Affinity Designer (version 2.0.3). In the Navigator panel you can correctly enter the zoom percentage as a decimal. For example, "25.3%" correctly zooms one-tenth percent larger than entering "25.2%".  However after entering the decimal value, the field rounds it to the nearest whole number.  Entering 25.3% is displayed as 25%, entering 25.6% is displayed as 26%.  The decimal portion should be displayed instead.

zoom error.jpg

Percentages don't have an option to change the number of decimal places, unlike all other measurements, it is the same in V1. Possibly a feature request if it's important for you...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Oh, I just learned something - I had no idea this is where the magnification level is hidden.

I work on a laptop screen and the Navigator panel, whether in Affinity or Adobe, takes up too much space so it's the first thing I closed when configuring my panels. I've always thought it odd that Affinity didn't have an editable magnification level, just the static one in the Toolbar's Status control. Adobe puts the editable magnification level in the Status bar at the bottom of the screen.

I'm going to submit a feature request to add magnification level to the Affinity status bar for those of us who work on small screens and can't use the Navigator panel.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

I likewise work on a small laptop (15" laptop screen with a 1,920 x 1,200 res screen).

The size of the Nav Panel doesn't really bother me but equally I've never found any need to use it when you have Alt + Infinite Scroll with a Magic Mouse which is way faster than using the Navigation Panel but the addition of changeable zoom levels to the status bar would make a lot of sense, even if it sat on the right hand side of the status bar beneath the Right Studio Panels...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse