You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 2 ne se lance pas

Pascale

Bonjour, 

Pour info, je suis sous  Windows 10. 

Quand je clique sur l'icône Photo.exe (Affinity Photo 2), il se charge dans le vide . C'est à dire qu'après avoir clické sur l'icone, au bout de 5 secondes, le chargement disparaît et rien ne se passe, plus rien.   
Merci par avance

In any Windows folder (in windows explorer, or well, opening any folder) , in the direction address, paste this and hit enter :

%USERPROFILE%\.affinity\Photo\2.0\Settings

Like this:

open_cl_1.png.d72d21b4887ab92c711613814c17be6f.png

There, edit in a text editor (I think Windows NotePad will do. So, just right click, then click on  "Edit") the following file

PerformancePreferences.xml

ONLY by modifying the following line :

<UseHardwareAcceleration>True</UseHardwareAcceleration>

By ONLY changing True to False. It has to look like this:

<UseHardwareAcceleration>False</UseHardwareAcceleration>

Of course, only change the "True" word, as if you write the tags with some missing letter or something, it won't work.

In your text editor, go to File menu, then , Save, to save the file.

Now run Photo 2.0 again. It might load fine now.

What this does is it loads Photo 2.0 without OpenCL acceleration, your Photo will still be perfectly functional.

Some graphic cards or systems have issues with Open CL , that's why.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Or, try this FAQ: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

BTW, non important thing about "Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open the Run"  but... for some reason, in some PC keyboards/laptops, the Windows key does not work or is broken/misconfigured... people can alternatively right click over the Start Menu icon  (on Windows 10, I believe in 11, too) and choose "Run". 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

On 12/17/2022 at 11:34 AM, SrPx said:

In any Windows folder (in windows explorer, or well, opening any folder) , in the direction address, paste this and hit enter :

%USERPROFILE%\.affinity\Photo\2.0\Settings

Like this:

open_cl_1.png.d72d21b4887ab92c711613814c17be6f.png

There, edit in a text editor (I think Windows NotePad will do. So, just right click, then click on  "Edit") the following file

PerformancePreferences.xml

ONLY by modifying the following line :

<UseHardwareAcceleration>True</UseHardwareAcceleration>

By ONLY changing True to False. It has to look like this:

<UseHardwareAcceleration>False</UseHardwareAcceleration>

Of course, only change the "True" word, as if you write the tags with some missing letter or something, it won't work.

In your text editor, go to File menu, then , Save, to save the file.

Now run Photo 2.0 again. It might load fine now.

What this does is it loads Photo 2.0 without OpenCL acceleration, your Photo will still be perfectly functional.

Some graphic cards or systems have issues with Open CL , that's why.

Hi SrPx,

- 1st TEST, here is the message (see attached) which displays it "Check the spelling and try again"

- 2nd TEST, see in PJ, hoping to have done the right things, I clicked on "Photo.exe" (Affinity photo 2), nothing happened

1er test.jpg

2e test.jpg

Those messages suggest that you do not have Photo 2 installed. Are you sure you ran the MSIX file to install it?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

SrPx and walt.farrell,

For information, I purchased and downloaded Affinity Photo 2 and Affinity Publisher 2 (12/12/22), and their extensions were icons with ".msix" (see PJ). I had nothing to open them. After several researches and several tests, I finally understood that I was under windows 7 and the 2 software only opened with Windows 10.  So I updated my Windows to Windows 10. Now , I'm on Windows 10. I managed to unzip them (open)  with "7-zip" (see PJ) because "Msix Packaging Tool" told me it was already open but in its folder it showed nothinignanything resembling software?! (see PJ). Now, the folders of each software have been decompressed but the software does not open (see PJ).

Info 1.jpg

Info 2.jpg

Info 3.jpg

Info 4.jpg

On 12/18/2022 at 4:46 AM, SrPx said:

BTW, non important thing about "Windows Key + R on your keyboard to open the Run"  but... for some reason, in some PC keyboards/laptops, the Windows key does not work or is broken/misconfigured... people can alternatively right click over the Start Menu icon  (on Windows 10, I believe in 11, too) and choose "Run". 

Indeed, you can directly right click on the Windows icon (bottom left) and have the command "Run"

@Pascale: you have not properly installed the file. You need to run the MSIX file. If it will not run, you may not have updated your Windows system to a high enough level. There are various FAQ articles that are relevant, but this may be a good one for troubleshooting installation issues: 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/167830-how-can-i-troubleshoot-install-and-uninstall-issues-on-windows/

-- Walt
PC:

52 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Those messages suggest that you do not have Photo 2 installed. Are you sure you ran the MSIX file to install it?

I will try to answer you. So to be able to do a "real" installation, I again opened the 2 msix software with "MSIX Packaging Tool". But in the "MSIX Packaging Tool" folder, I clicked on this icon which looks like a "valid" folder. Here is his message see in PJ

Info MSIX.jpg

I don't know what the MSIX packaging tool is. You should simply run the MSIX by double-clicking it on File Explorer

-- Walt
PC:

Yep, the error with my "way" already meant it was not finding the app in your system, as neither did with the (much better) official method that Walt pointed to.

Yes, you need Windows 10.

Please, don't decompress the MSIX files. Delete that decompressed folder, and download the MSIX files again if needed (if  you don't have now the original downloaded files). And just double click on the MSIX file. Like you would do with a typical Setup.exe. But not right away... You need to do some things first :

As Walt says, be sure before that,  that all the Windows updates are installed. You need to install all pending ones, until Windows Update tells you "there's no more pending updates" (or something like that).

That last screenshot is the program telling you that you need to update Windows 10 to a newer update. To find the area to do the Windows updates, click on the Start Menu icon, then on Settings (the gear ⚙️ icon over  the switch off icon), then, a new window will appear, now click on "Update and Security", then click on "Windows Update", then click on the top button "Check for Updates".

Also make sure that you have your graphics card driver well installed (nvidia or AMD drivers, depending on which graphics card you have). 

And then proceed to just double click on the MSIX files (one at a time, of course), as I was mentioning above. Try first with one application, see if it installs and runs well, then proceed with the others.

Please, let us know how it goes. :) 

Hello. Thanks for your feedback @SrPx and @walt.farrell. Indeed, it was first necessary to update Windows 10. Since our last exchanges (12/12/22), it took me 3 days to solve "error 0x80240034", the problem was tough, I did lots of tests. And I ended up finding the solution by downloading everything last night (here n°8, in French)... Now when I click on the 1st software "affinity-photo-2.0.0.msix" look what shows me. I will try to solve the problem on my side.

msix.jpg

As a reminder, I had already succeeded in decompressing the downloaded software files ".msix" with "7-zip" (software which opens ".msix" extensions. Another example, like winrar which opens ".zip" extensions) . And by chance, I click on the ".exe" of one of the 2 software and it opens... suddenly their installations are done! ☺️
I thank you again for your presence , for your invaluable help 🙏. Greetings and Merry Christmas from New Caledonia, at the end of the world!

Yep, better install the recently released 2.0.3 stable.  The thing is, the best way to do now is to go to your account in the Affinity Store https://store.serif.com/en-us/sign-in/  , log in with your user data, look for your order, and there, the download button for the 2.0.3 app. Download that one and then install it.

I am confused about why you are decompressing the file with 7-zip... there is no need to do that ! ... I was going to recommend to just uninstall the apps (to clean up any mess), download the latest 2.0.3 stable version (as explained above), and once downloaded, only double click the MSIX file, it automatically appears an easy installer that will install the app. No need for right click, neither decompress, neither 7-zip, nothing of that (it can mess up the situation). Unless I did not understand your problem.

But if you got it working, that's all that counts!  :)

Edit: Oh. I see in the splash screens that you are using 2.0.0 yet... I strongly recommend you to install the 2.0.3, and try to have always the latest stable release. They are going to fix and improve many things in the next weeks and months.

Edit: Merry Christmas to you, too.  :)