You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Notes panel slows down typing text

If Notes panel is visible it slows significantly typing text. The characters appear in slow motion. I can cure this by hiding the Notes panel. Interesting thing is, that retail version 2.0.3 do not have this problem.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

I can NOT reproduce this. Neither in 2.0.0 | 2.0.3 retail nor in 2.0.3.1670 beta. But maybe my example layout is to simple ?

Hardware: Windows 11 Pro (23H2, build 22631.3447, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0), Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-14900K @3.20 GHz, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA RTX A4000 (16GB VRAM, driver 551.61), 1TB + 2TB SSD. 1 Display set to native 2560 x 1440.
Software: Affinity v1 - Designer/Publisher/Photo (1.10.6.1665), Affinity v2 (universal license) - Designer/Publisher/Photo, v2 betas.

15 hours ago, 4dimage said:

But maybe my example layout is to simple ?

No my test was simple as yours, but this problem is not there anymore. But I do know that there were versions in the past, where typing was slowed down due to an open panel. Can't recall it anymore. 2.0.3 retail behaves good, so this might be fixed.

EDIT: To show what I mean, I added a video to describe what is happening with many panels open and with all panels closed. For the video I was hammering the keys very fast, unfortunately the video capture gives you only a slight impression of how typing is slowed down.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.