You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I could not find this by searching.

I am trying to figure out how to add certain adjustments with the circle application tool.  For instance, I would like to increase saturation or contrast to only certain portions of an image by "painting" it in with the circular mark similar to that used by the impainting brush tool.

Does this make sense??  

• Staff

Hi ptlmbutler,

Welcome to the forum.

The easiest way to do this is to use the Selection Brush tool to select the are that you want to apply the adjustment to. Then the adjustment that you select will only be applied to the selected area.

The link is to a video showing how to make selections.

• Staff

Hi ptlmbutler,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Here's another way to do it so you can "paint" the adjustment directly over the image:

- create the adjustment you want, for example an Exposure adjustment and adjust its settings while it is applied to the whole image

- press ⌘ (cmd) + I to invert the adjustment mask (this will hide the adjustment because the mask is now all black)

- change to the Paint Brush tool (you can set its properties in the context bar - size, hardness etc) and set the brush colour to white to reveal/apply the adjustment to the areas you are painting.

You can still adjust the Exposure (or other adjustment's sliders) to tweak the area you painted.

You mean something like saturation brush tool?

​And yes, i miss it to.

I could not find this by searching.

I am trying to figure out how to add certain adjustments with the circle application tool.  For instance, I would like to increase saturation or contrast to only certain portions of an image by "painting" it in with the circular mark similar to that used by the impainting brush tool.

Does this make sense??