You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Current used tool and brush not memorized

NotMyFault

When you

• use the paint brush, a small round basic brush (8px),
  • make some strokes,
  • then go back to live docs to adjust some settings,
  • re-open the document
  • Affinity switches to hand tools. If you switch back to paint brush, it is back to a default 64px brush.

very annoying.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• 1 month later...

Issue still active.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• Staff
1 hour ago, NotMyFault said:

Issue still active.

Thanks for the recording. 

I still can't replicate this and i've had one of the other guys on the team try and they also can't.  We both get the Pan tool when going back into the document, which i think is by design (will get that confirmed) but our brush is always the last used size and so far, we haven't been able to get the app to act any differently.

How are you controlling the iPad, finger or with a Apple Pencil or mouse?

The issue is on iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589 use with Apple Pencil 2   and „Touch for Gestures only“. In Preferences.
On my older 2018 iPad Pro without pencil the brush width got memorized.

• Staff
1 hour ago, NotMyFault said:

The issue is on iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589 use with Apple Pencil 2   and „Touch for Gestures only“. In Preferences.

I'll try this again tomorrow when i'm in the office and have access to that model iPad.

I was using the Pencil 2 on my 2021 M1 iPad (MHQR3B/A), so its possible this bug only affect the 5th Gen Air.

• 8 months later...

Still same issue on iPad M1, using V2.2

any update from Affinity?