You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone, I was just wondering how it's possible to make a logo I created in Affinity Designer a solid compound shape.

I moved from Adobe as I could no longer afford their prices, though the compound option was greyed out and unable to have the entire logo as a solid compound path like you can easily do in Adobe Illustrator.

Any advice/ help on this would be great.

Thanks,

Jamie

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 20.45.27.png

Welcome to the forums @Jamie88a

While you can certainly create that logo in Designer, I don’t know what you mean by “a solid compound shape/path” or what benefit you would get by using such a thing.
Are there some specific requirements which mean that the logo needs to be in some specific format?

The more details you give us the better we can help.

On 12/8/2022 at 12:51 PM, Jamie88a said:

Hi everyone, I was just wondering how it's possible to make a logo I created in Affinity Designer a solid compound shape.

One thing to keep in mind is that you have two different fills in that logo. You could just try living with the various items being in a Group.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 1 month later...

Sorry on the delayed response, I didn't get email notifications for these and presumed there was no response.

Usually when I used Adobe (the darkside) it was beneficial to create the logo as a compound shape to avoid any export issues.

If you think that grouping them will be fine then grouping it is.

Cheers 

On 12/10/2022 at 9:38 PM, Old Bruce said:

One thing to keep in mind is that you have two different fills in that logo. You could just try living with the various items being in a Group.

I find this to be the biggest reason not to use a compound, unless you don't mind a single colour compound.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions