You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Node tool with Apple Pencil problem

ashf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @ashf,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I've tested this here using both a gen1 and gen2 Apple Pencil - the option did not appear to exist with the gen1 pencil, and for the gen2 pencil this option was already enabled.

With the option enabled, I'm able to add, move and delete nodes as expected, so unfortunately we'll need more information to investigate this further.

What model of iPad and version of iOS is in use please? Just to be certain, is the user 'tapping' to try and add the node, or 'hovering' with the Apple Pencil? As this 'show effects' option relates to Apple Pencil Hover, and the Node Tool requires a tap to add a node.

Thanks in advance :)

I can not find the post about it anymore somehow.
But I think they say clicking to add a node behave like "move" nodes.
Other nodes on the same object move when clicking.
Not sure the detail.
Try clicking both with selecting nodes and without selecting nodes.

OS is iPadOS16, the model is unknown.

I keep having a problem where one node I want to move will not let me select it to move it. Gets frustrating. I can select the other nodes just fine, but not the particular one I want to move. I end up having to change out of Nodes tool to something else and then come back into Nodes tool and then I can usually select that node and move it. This has happened to me quite a few times. 

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know @stojames & I'm sorry to hear this - are you able to please provide a screen recording showing this issue, after enabling Show Touches under Preferences > General in the Affinity iPad app?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Many thanks in advance :)