You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Topaz DeNoise DNG file not recognised

JeffGreen

by Affinity Photo 2
Not a problem for Affinity Photo 1
A Sony ARW file through DeNoise exports as a DNG file.

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎18/‎10/‎2022
OS build    22621.819
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0

Graphics Hardware: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

OpenGL Driver: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 526.98

CPU RAM: 32605 MB

Video RAM: 6144 MB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @JeffGreen,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

Are you able to provide a copy of this file that can open in AFP V1, but not in V2 for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

No problem at all, thanks for confirming that for me! :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @Giancarlo Fusco,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Can you please provide a copy of one of these .DNG files here for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Unfortunately I can't see any files attached to your reply - can you please try uploading this to the below link instead for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/j8fhL4K6TE1OzdSLpAou

Once uploaded, please let me know here :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for providing this for me! Our team are aware of issues caused by .DNG files from Topaz, as you've mentioned there are other creative apps that also struggle with these files - though our developers are investigating this further and looking at ways to better handle these files in the future.

In regards to the specific DNG file you have provided, the following is from Affinity Photo 2 2.0.4 on Windows, which opens the file in the Develop Persona as expected for me -

image.png

Can you please confirm for me, are you using Affinity Photo on macOS or Windows? :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

Many thanks Dan C.

Something strange happened, I use Windows 10, now even to me AP 2.0.4 opens this file, while still not opening another generated in the same way.

Could it be that the file I sent you I had modified with ACR?

(DxO Photolab, however, still does not open it)

If you send me the link I send you the other file what I cannot open.
Sorry if I take advantage of your availability, but I just cannot understand .....

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response here & thanks for the further image provided - I can confirm I'm seeing the error with the second file provided and I will be sure to log this with our developers to see if we can handle this type of file better in the future, however as Richard has mentioned this appears to be an underlying issue with the DNG files that Topaz is generating, and not with the Affinity app directly.

Please note -

Many thanks!