You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I was trying to put the phase "Happy Valentines Day" on a photo I was editing and the first letter comes out right side up and the rest come out upside down. How the heck did I do that? I clicked Text from the left hand tool bar, selected text style/size and where I wanted the text to be on the photo and started typing. Came out like this:

post-23040-0-96116400-1453750909_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi PhotoNewbie,

Have you positioned the Text Tool cursor accidentally over a path or a shape? If so you may be writing on the path/shape instead of on an independent text box. Pressing Enter in those circumstances (text over a path) will switch the text to the other side of the path (upside down).

When you place the cursor over a path with the Artistic Text Tool selected, it changes to a T with a small wave below and the text will follow that path.

Doing the same with the Frame Text Tool over a shape, will change the cursor to a polygon with a T inside and will fill the shape with text instead.