You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Restarting fixed it never mind] Affinity Photo v.2 Pixel layer change confusion/kvetching

1. Merge Visible automatically creates a new layer. You do not need to do that manually, if that is what you are asking.This is the same in V2 as in V1.

2. The Clone Brush works the same as in V1. Just make sure you have set a source point first using an alt/option click & are using an appropriate brush.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I take it back.

Now that I restarted, it's working normally.

There was definitely a glitch, though - I've done both these things literally hundreds of times (and I've posted before that I use the clone brush more than a toothbrush, and I have good dental hygiene).

Well, these are computers.

As we were...

The clone brush, as its name suggest, is a brush. Consequently, it is affected by all issues of tools using a brush:

• you can change the used brush itself, or the brush settings accidentally without noticing, e.g. by switching between tools.

it happens to me regularly that one of the brush based tools simply stop working.

in 90%, i changed the brush settings by mistake.

in 10%, the App become erratic and needed a restart.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.