You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text on path crashes the app

Girlvsworld

• 2 weeks later...

I’m having a few issues with the app crashing and I don’t know what causes it, the three times it’s happened know it’s been different things, the latest when I put down one vector stroke with the Designer paintbrush. So whenever the app crashes, it causes some kind of error in the file itself, and then trying to make any changes to the file and saving it causes the app to crash.  Unfortunately I didn’t keep my file but I will next time. Exporting it to desktop and saving it there usually fixes it. I’m using a trial version of the desktop app for these repairs, and wasn’t planning on buying it for desktop so I hope it will be fixed, I will save the file and upload next time as that will likely help in identifying the problem!

I have Pencil 2 and I’m still getting the crashing when attempting to edit a text frame. Unfortunately tapping with my finger instead doesn’t fix the problem for me. I cannot edit in linked text frames at all - any attempt causes an immediate crash.

• 3 weeks later...

I have another file that I saved, both by just closing the document and by saving a copy to my iPad so I wouldn't lose my work, and now every time I open either the app crashes. I can upload this file to dropbox as well but the link has expired. As mentioned above, this has happened to me several times with no clear reason, opening the file in the desktop app and resaving it usually fixed the problem. Now I have client work to do and my desktop trial has expired so I can't repair my file. Is there a beta version or some kind of extended trial of the desktop available so I can repair these files as it keeps happening. I don't actually want the desktop version, I was hoping to move to an iPad only workflow.