You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Split] iPad Affinity Designer crashing

Zdendas89

On 4/3/2020 at 5:32 PM, RcAbdulkh said:

I bought the Affinity designer around a month ago. It was working fine for a while. Now the app keeps crashing. I’ll open the app for about 20 seconds and it’ll crash. Or I’ll toggle a layer visibility on and off a few times, then crash. If I try to do anything, it’s pointless because it’ll crash without saving. I got the latest version, 4.0 with a recent update but nothing changed. Turned the iPad on and off, but the app still crashes. 

Hi))) I have the same problem.  On an iPad pro, it keeps crashing, as soon as I get anywhere, the app crashes. 

On 4/30/2020 at 10:57 AM, RcAbdulkh said:

I’m using an iPad Apple Pencil when drawing in the Affinity App and it doesn’t show any other info other than it’s an Apple pencil. The iPad model number is iPad Pro 12.9 3rd generation. Model number MTFP2LL/ATrying to figure out how to send the report. I’ll send this brief video for now. Not sure if it helps

I have same problem....((((

I have this issue too on the iPad (6th Gen/2018). I thought it was because my iPad is under-powered for it. But glad to see that I'm not the only one with this issue.

I also noticed that the iPad gets quite hot before the app crashes. If I open up the app again, it crashes almost immediately unless I let it cool down a bit. Perhaps it's a memory leak issue?

It is quite annoying as it happens very frequently. So I have to save frequently (which is another annoyance since there's a save bug too)

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi all,

Thanks for your reports and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

We've since released version 2.0.3 for iPad which can be downloaded through the iPad app store, if you're still experiencing crashing with the latest version, please create a new thread here.

Many thanks!