You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with universal license on iPad

I paid for the universal license on iPad through the Designer v2 app. I can not however login to photo v2 or publisher v2 to get it of trial mode. When I click the restore purchase option, I get an error saying there's nothing to restore. When I click the "already purchased" link and attempt to login it says it can't find an account I want what I paid for or my money back. It's that simple. 

D50596F0-1A21-457F-AEFD-39EC45DE71A8.jpeg

Hi @olddude

Please read here:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

"registering your Affinity V2 Universal License in your Affinity account"... I only have an iPad. There was no nor is there currently an option to do anything mentioned on that page. The only option I have is to deactivate my account. Which I may do and see if I can then create a new account, not sure if that's the wisest route to go though. 

"Registering can be done after the initial in-app purchase, or later using the Account option in the application." Where is that?

C538F188-A0C0-4084-A40E-CE73186495A2.png

An Affinity V2 Universal License: A single license covering all three Affinity applications (Designer, Photo, and Publisher) on all three operating systems (macOS, Windows and iPadOS). You can buy this from the Affinity Store, the Mac App Store, or Microsoft Store (via in-app purchase). Could this be the issue? I paid for the universal license through in-app purchase through the v2 designer app on ipad.

20 minutes ago, olddude said:

I paid for the universal license through in-app purchase through the v2 designer app on ipad.

Some experiments to run (and data to gather):

1. Within Designer 2 on iPad, open the Account function from the home screen (lower left, should be a green icon). Does it say it is registered to you?
  2. On the upper right of that dialog there should be a "..." icon, and one choice there is to go to your account. Choose that. It should take you to the Affinity Store. You'll have to sign-in with your Affinity ID (Store email) and Store password. Once there, click on the V2 Licenses and Downloads tab. What iPad licenses does it show?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Some experiments to run (and data to gather):

1. Within Designer 2 on iPad, open the Account function from the home screen (lower left, should be a green icon). Does it say it is registered to you?
  2. On the upper right of that dialog there should be a "..." icon, and one choice there is to go to your account. Choose that. It should take you to the Affinity Store. You'll have to sign-in with your Affinity ID (Store email) and Store password. Once there, click on the V2 Licenses and Downloads tab. What iPad licenses does it show?

Adding screenshots of what I see...

E44547DA-FBAB-4C89-8913-69D9BD7CD8CE.png

45DA8147-CCD2-4036-9FA0-A00D1937446E.png

B5363C0E-F355-432A-9B83-FEBD4F0A9915.png

Issue is resolved... I figured it out. 

Opened Design v2 showing licensed to me. Used "deactivate this device" which signed me out of the program. 

Then faced with continue trial, buy, or restore purchase and the "already paid link". I used the already paid link and signed in, which gave me the option to register my license, which I did.

Allowed a few minutes to pass and when I opened the photo and publisher v2 apps, they both opened normally and show licensed to me. Thanks for all who attempted to help me resolve the issue.