You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I get my Wacom One tablet pen to stay inside my Designer (V1 or V2) document (Windows 10)?

Hi!

Any ideas?  I have forgot how to do this. It seems like right is left and left is right, etc...  and the cursor is going all over my monitor messing around with the taskbar and other stuff I don't want it to mess with.

I have the latest drivers and Wacom Tablet Properties software installed.

Thank you.  But I can not restrict the area I want to draw in. I do not want the cursor going all over the place.

I will re-add Designer 1 to the software and see if that helps.  Maybe that is how I got it working in the first place.

And of course, I cannot add V2 without some hacks :-)

I am back to using V1 programs any ways.

You can define an area smaller than the entire screen / monitor. Select "Portion of screen" from Screen area combobox in the Wacom Properties app:

image.png.94d4e28b35e4c9764d36bef0d47b5a7a.png

It might take a bit of trial and error to get it exactly right but it looks like it should work.

Len
Affinity Photo 2 | QCAD 3 | FastStone | SpyderX Pro | FOSS:  ART darktable  XnView  RawTherapee  Inkscape  G'MIC  LibreOffice
Windows 11 on a 16 GB, Ryzen 5700 8-core laptop with a cheesy little embedded AMD GPU

Canon T8i / 850D | Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM | Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L USM | Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 | K&F Concept Nano-X filters
...desperately looking for landscapes in Nolandscapeland        Flickr

3 hours ago, lphilpot said:

You can define an area smaller than the entire screen / monitor. Select "Portion of screen" from Screen area combobox in the Wacom Properties app:

It might take a bit of trial and error to get it exactly right but it looks like it should work.

Okay - I will try that.  I wish I could remember how I got things sort of working a while ago.  I was able to draw something small without too much difficulty, keeping the cursor in AD from going all over the monitor and outside the document.

Thanks! 

Looks like method #2 might do that for you. 

Len
Affinity Photo 2 | QCAD 3 | FastStone | SpyderX Pro | FOSS:  ART darktable  XnView  RawTherapee  Inkscape  G'MIC  LibreOffice
Windows 11 on a 16 GB, Ryzen 5700 8-core laptop with a cheesy little embedded AMD GPU

Canon T8i / 850D | Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM | Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L USM | Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 | K&F Concept Nano-X filters

On 11/13/2022 at 5:37 PM, PaulWilliamson said:

Okay - I will try that.  I wish I could remember how I got things sort of working a while ago.  I was able to draw something small without too much difficulty, keeping the cursor in AD from going all over the monitor and outside the document.

Thanks! 

On 11/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, lphilpot said:

Doesn't work.  Besides, my tablet is tiny. I need all of it.  

When I click "Click to Define Tablet Area" (#2), the pointer cursor disappears and goes to the taskbar.  I think it is a calibration issue but Googling does not find anything to help me with my One tablet.

Thanks

I have a relatively small Intuos S but I have it set for my entire right-hand (primary) monitor and that seems to work for me. I've not explored too much else (I'm no tablet-master!). Since I use Photo mostly for photo retouching (not painting nor original art creation), my needs are somewhat basic.

Len

2 hours ago, lphilpot said:

I have a relatively small Intuos S but I have it set for my entire right-hand (primary) monitor and that seems to work for me. I've not explored too much else (I'm no tablet-master!). Since I use Photo mostly for photo retouching (not painting nor original art creation), my needs are somewhat basic.

I inverted my tablet both ways - landscape and portrait and it is helping.  Still a little fast.  Well, really fast so hard to draw or sketch.  It doesn't matter if I slow my mouse speed down. 

I spent another hour trying to figure this out.  I searched my old posts here and found I didn't get a solution.

I wish I could remember how I was able to draw a little trout fly a few months ago using my little Wacom One.  Not sure upgrading to a different tablet would help but I am not an illustrator (would love to be though! :-)).  I don't want to spend a thousand plus dollars on an iPad.  Besides, I have a PC.  Not sure about transferring stuff I do on it would to a PC any way.

I am only using Designer for drawing.  It is whacked out in Sketch Book too.  No calibration button in the Wacom software or in Windows 10.  No settings for it like there is for a mouse.

I have spent way too much time trying to get this to work.  I guess I will stick with the mouse for drawing and sketching.

Thanks!