You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi.

I have a thought.

Some of you create fantastic videos. Very useful.

However, I suspect some of you have very big screens, and when it's displayed on my 15" screen, the tools and text in the app is very small. Tiny! 
Maybe someone can confirm that this is the case?

In this video it's hard for me to read the different texts in the commands.

In this video, it's easier to see.

Hope this is understandable.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

• Staff

Hi Madame,

Both links are pointing to the same page (not videos).

Have you tried to change to HD resolution? It should help a little (more definition), but yeh there's no way around that since the video is scaled down to fit you screen.

This is expected. In some movies they zoom in the tool's areas/panels to help address this but if the tutorial was recorded on a bigger screen it will always look tiny on smaller ones.

Thank you, Meb.  

It would help very much if they zoomed in when they are pointing at some settings or tools (or recorded on a smaller screen ;) )

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

hello Madame,

my versione of osx (mavericks) handles a screen zoom feature: i just a finger back and forth on my magic mouse while holding the ctrl key, and the screen zooms out and in. if this works with your osx version too (or there's an equivalent) you can pause the tutorial and inspect it. it can be boring, but it's effective.

take care,

stefano

Thanks,Barninga. I'll investigate some more. I have El Capitan and no magic mouse though.
I can find something in preferences about "scaled screen" (difficult to translate), but that doesn't influence the videos, just everything else. 

EDIT: I can do this gesture on the trackpad, but it's not so responsive, but it helps! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I too find I can't make much use of the videos because I can't find what the cursor is pointing at.

The producers might consider a couple of things:

"Cut" to a closeup shot of the cursor .... and explain at a slower pace what it is, perhaps adding a short description such as " .... That's the lasso shaped icon fourth from the top ...."

That wud be helpful. Many of us have this problem of not being able to locate the cursor and when we finally do its too late..