You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fix for installing MSIX files

eddyviv

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, steogen said:

Hi, I have stumbled upon the same issue with the .msix packages not recognised in my Win10 OS (btw I did comply with the specs).

For some reason, I could not even install App Installer from the Microsoft Store. Eventually this is how I managed to install the Affinity packages:

- open Powershell as Administrator

- type the following: ADD-AppxPackage -Path <filepath>

- substitute <filepath> with the full path to your installation file (e.g. "C:\Username\Downloads\affinity-photo-2.0.0.0.msix")

Voila. Hope it helps!

Cheers.
S.

You have just saved the day for me – thank you for this super simple workaround!

Just two question: Where does this install the files exactly?

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

• Staff
23 minutes ago, MrDoodlezz said:

Just two question: Where does this install the files exactly?

You know that is one question, right?

It's a Microsoft OS sandboxed (hidden) folder. To find it Run the application, start task manager, find the application and right click. Choose open application location (or some such, sorry I'm on my phone). That will show the apps location BUT it's a deliberately hidden folder with very special permissions so don't change anything. You should not need to find the application itself, if you want to run it just type this as a command

AffinityDesigner2

AffinityPhoto2

AffinityPublisher2 

And the appropriate application will start (accepting files on the command if you wish)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

6 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

You know that is one question, right?

Hehe, it's a test of whether anyone here reads this conscientiously at all. You passed. 😜

Thanks, I'll take care! It seems that this is not necessary at all. I remember that in previous versions and updates my LUT files and other adjustment settings were unfortunately always forgotten/lost and I had to retrieve and copy them again myself into the new structure. This time it worked with the transfer.

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png