You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vibrance Adjustment Layer

I've tried adding the Vibrance adjustment layer to a number of the images I've worked with. I only notice a very slight improvement, even if I turn it all the way up to 100%. Is there some other way to make an image "Pop"? Do you have any suggestions for using Vibrance? Or, are there other adjustments I should try if I wanted the colors to "Pop"?

• Staff

Hi inquire,

The Vibrance tool works with the blend modes so if you want to adjust the colours you can use the colour burn or lighten colour and then in the blend options adjust the channels to get the required effect.

Another adjustment that you might want to use is the selective colour as this allows to to adjust the setting on all colours and this also uses blend modes.

As Madame suggested have a play with the different adjustments and blend modes.

Regards,

Darren

Speaking of the Curves Adjustment Layer, I need to move the sub menu (the little screen that has the curve you move the nodes) to the right a little because it is over the top of the photo I am trying to adjust. The video I watched said 'just move it over to the right' but when I try I am moving the photo itself over too far to the left leaving the curve screen in the way.

This is such a basic question I am embarassed to ask and why a manual would be so beneficial, well if it included some of the basics. As an amateur beginner, I get so much from your tutorial videos but am always missing some simple little detail either because not included on the video or because the cursor moved so quickly and is small on my 15" mbp or worse, my iPad

I'm not sure if I understand you right, -but if you click and drag at the top of the dialog window just next to the green/yellow/red lights, you can move any window aside.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I'm not sure if I understand you right, -but if you click and drag at the top of the dialog window just next to the green/yellow/red lights, you can move any window aside.

And of course, that did it! Thank you so much, Madame. I have learned another basic tip to add to my collection. I record them all in Notes on my Mac and will have my own Manual!