You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Set items to follow master page again

We have a document which uses a few master pages. There are a couple of elements I am assuming I updated directly on the page as they no longer follow updates done in the master page. Is there a way we can set these elements to follow the master page updates again?

We prefer to not reapply the master page clearing all current settings, as some have image sections, these page images are then lost and need to be reset. And honestly I don't recall were the originals are at any longer. 

Are there any options for me to get these elements to follow the master page changes again? 

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, brettski said:

There are a couple of elements

Elements could be anything. Some things like text frames cannot be set back to the original text formatting.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@Old BruceThank you for the reply. Yeah, I am pretty new to this space, so terminology will be inaccurate. Yes, the "elements" I speak of are text elements which are defined in the master page. So if there is no way to set those elements back individually the only way to do it would be to reapply the master page clearing (not migrating) the content?  

3 minutes ago, brettski said:

reapply the master page clearing (not migrating) the content?  

Migrating should work, but it would depend on exactly what you'd done that you now wanted to be like the Master page.

We would need more information. At least details, better screenshots, best a sample document.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 minutes ago, brettski said:

the "elements" I speak of are text elements which are defined in the master page. ...

I am just guessing here. What you want is for the text on the Actual pages to take on the formatting you 'defined' on the Master/Parent page(s). This cannot be done, the formatted text in the text frames on the Actual pages are not going to revert. The reasons are simply because the text formatting in the text frames must be easily and permanently changed on the various Actual pages, not constantly reverting to what was on the master/parent pages.

What I do is set up Paragraph and Character styles for the text, not the frames. Then I can apply those styles to all the text in my document and easily reapply the styles to the text in the document.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Okay that help. These are text elements which hold the year, they are in a side bar and footer. So to correct this I've reapplied the master pages clearing the content. I am assuming migrating the content doesn't work as these text elements have been updated on the original page so the master page isn't going to overwrite that now. 

Thank you all for the assist