You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Continuous Crashing - Replacing Document using Resource Manager

Bx.

Replacing Documents within the Resource Manager used to work perfectly and then within the last two weeks it has resulted in continuous crashing with not just one but multiple Affinity Publisher Documents. When I recognised this problem I immediately uninstalled and reinstalled Affinity Publisher but unfortunately this crashing has continued.

The Resource Manager still seems to work well in recognising a document has been modified but now is no longer able to update it within Affinity Publisher. After clicking the update button the entire document crashes. The documents are in this case svg files from Inkscape and usually the update has been a small colour change. No major change in file size etc.

The only work around I have found has been to delete the linked svg. document out of Publisher and reinsert it. This is extremely tedious and is slowing down my workflow to no end. Would really appreciate if anyone has a solution for this!

I am using Affinity Publisher version 1.10.5.1342

@Callum This sounds like the exact problem I'm having (crashing on seemingly anything I do, changing a font or updating a linked file). I couldn't do anything for several days and then it's been fine most of this week. Now I've got to get a file out tomorrow and it's happening again.

I checked for the updates, I'm on Windows 10 and don't appear to have ANY of the ones listed. Any other options?

Thanks,
Randy

7 minutes ago, Altruist Comics said:

I checked for the updates, I'm on Windows 10 and don't appear to have ANY of the ones listed. Any other options?

Thanks,
Randy

Are you sure?

Those updates have been installing for at least a month now, you should have received at least one, if not more

Please upload a screenshot of your installed updates

(Like the one you see below, from another user)

2022-10-31_16-40-25.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

@Altruist Comics

KB5017262 is in your list and on the list of updates that cause the problem and recommended to be uninstalled

I cannot see the full number on the one above it so can't check if that is a new one that could also cause problems

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

@Altruist Comics 

Don't forget to run the procedure to stop that update being automatically installed

Or just pause all updates for a few weeks until this gets fixed

I do not believe this issue..below.. is the cause of the resource manager causing crashing, or the 'replace document' that causes my pc to crash.

I am on WIn 11 and uninstalled related updates as described above, making sure they did not re-install.
Nothing worked.. until I let them reinstall and then updated to Win 11 22H2.
Suddenly the 'resource manager' worked perfectly. But now, there is an issue replacing document.. for me. 
This is slowing the process down to less than a crawl - to the point where a new software may need to be found.

By the way, this problem affects Affinity Publisher latest version.. and I am trying Affinity Publisher 2 with same issues.

THIS NEEDS FIXED!!