You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grouping documents/projects in iPad app

Hello

I can’t seem to find the right search terms but hoping someone in here can help! 

Is it possible to group similar projects together into a folder of sorts, similar to creating stacks in Procreate? I’m getting frustrated having to search all my images to find ones that belong together via subject. 

Also, does anyone have any suggestions as to saving the files just in case it all goes tits up and I have to reinstall the app? I’d want to be able to still work on them, but just have a copy to ensure they don’t get lost. 

Thanks

Thanks Lee

I meant creating collections in the app itself, like folders so I don’t have to scroll through all my projects to find the right ones. I make book covers so it would be good to separate them into series/ones for other people etc. does that make sense?

1 hour ago, RosaL said:

Never mind I found it!

Please let us know what you found, as there may be pitfalls you haven't considered.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

9 minutes ago, RosaL said:

I found a way of making the relevant photos into stacks/putting them in folders so my Home Screen isn’t a big mess! You create a new project. 
and I’ve saved them all on the iCloud just in case!

Definitely create your own folder structure in iCloud Drive and store everything there, only keep your active projects on the home screen. Think of the home screen like open tabs on any desktop application, you certainly wouldn’t keep loads of tabs open, only the tabs you are actually using.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help