You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v1105 CMYK afpub: colour redraw issue w. scanned RGB images

thomaso

I experience a strange occurrence in both Pages Panel & Layout window with some images within a CMYK document: they get displayed as 1 colour channel only. While the Pages panel shows the issue for less images but sticks to the affected, the layout view seems to depend on the zoom level.

The affected images have in common:
They are scanned –> edited in LR –> exported with Adobe RGB (1998) profile –> placed as linked in Apub.
Whereas not every resource with 1 of this conditions is affected, it appears the combination of scanned + Adobe RGB is required for this issue, e.g. a resource with AdobeRGB but photographed is not affected. However, I can't judge if these "conditions" are just coincidence, correlation or in fact causality.

Also, this occurrence seems to be triggered by "Add Pages from File".
[After the typical errors "can't read / access lost / must close" (all is stored locally only on 1 SSD) + a definite "corrupted" document state) I solved it by using a backup version to update/re-load it with pages from the "corrupted" version. – The older backup version did / does not show the issue for these or other images.]

green: correct | pink: wrong

1881365744_cmykdocumentimagecolours1.jpg.b89c8bad467c79c7e36d668bdc3e9d78.jpg

532160961_cmykdocumentimagecolours2.jpg.b4cd199a92f705dabf1c9e2c406d0a28.jpg

745428770_cmykdocumentimagecolours3.jpg.2733c83ea8ba53f7cbbb1a24f62ebd09.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

The .afpackage is uploaded.

On page one I also mentioned another issue of an erroneously in the resource manager reported CMYK color space with RGB profile for the images that in fact are RGB. To avoid confusion: This appears to got fixed in the packaging process.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1