You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serial Number

Hi,

I would like to know why my serial number is no longer available for my purchase of affinity designer. I have publisher listed in my downloads and keys, but not designer. I know I purchased it because, when i have a look in the installations and devices, it is listed in there. I want to get rid of the installation on the old laptop and put it on my sons pc as he needs it for school. I dont want to purchase again because I have already purchased it once. I also cannot locate the serial number on the laptop where it is currently installed. Can you help me recover the installation key please. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @ThatOneSerialKey.

The most common reason for one of the applications not showing up in Downloads and Product Keys is that it was not purchased from Serif, but instead was purchased from the Microsoft Store or the Mac App Store.

In that case, you would simply need to sign in to that Store on your son's laptop, using your credentials, and you would find it there in the library of purchased programs, ready to download again. 

If that does not provide the answer for you, it will be best to contact affinity@serif.com via email and provide full information to them, as some of the needed information for further investigation should not be provided here in public for privacy reasons,

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 months later...

Hello, just this message to have a confirmation concerning the “product keys” of version 2.0.

I purchased a license for the suite (the three software for macOS) in version 1.0 on your website in May 2022 with receipt of a “product key” for each software. Perfect!... This is the procedure adopted by all software publishers.

With the arrival of version 2.0, I purchased the update, but I did not receive any product keys, just a single and unique number on the slip of my order with the “license reference”.

My question: where can I find the “product keys” or are these now useless and obsolete?...

Thank you for your answer and very pleasant end of year celebrations to you... 🙂

Mac Mini M1 16Go – macOS 13.6.4

2 hours ago, sansnom said:

My question: where can I find the “product keys” or are these now useless and obsolete?...

There are no Product Keys for V2. License authorization is handled differently now.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, sansnom said:

Many thanks for your quick confirmation. 😉

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: