You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The selection of layers in macros does not work properly.

ricoho

The selection of layers in macros does not work properly. When I create a macro and record that the top layer should be selected, for example, the macro only works on a file that has the same number of layers. If I apply the macro to another image that has more or less layers, the correct layer is not selected.
But if I record in the macro that I want the top layer to be selected, for example, it should work regardless of how many layers the image has. 

Translated with DeepL

Seems to work okay for me. While recording the macro if I select a top layer (with more than two layers) I see this

71926016_ScreenShot2022-10-12at7_56_39AM.png.3e5fcca392f3f8e55c235d94e6f1d7b7.png 

If I select a layer in the middle I see this

899160018_ScreenShot2022-10-12at7_56_18AM.png.d9caf396877d9915f753aa60c312f128.png

You could try and record a step where you deselect all layers then a step where you select the top layer. To deselect all layers use the move tool and click on the empty space outside of the canvas or in the layers panel click on empty space there if available.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
3 hours ago, ricoho said:

Here is a screencast. When I record the macro I selected the top layer. Then I added a new layer an replayed the macro. Normally also the top layer would be selected. But the macro selects the second layer.

Could you try this, when you record the Macro and select the Layer and get the popup, click on 'Select Level 5 From Below' (the 2nd option in your screenshot) thens top the Macro and add a layer or multiple layers, deselect everything and then run the Macro and let me know your results.