You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All of my layers suddenly tilted?!~

By the way, this Rotation feature is often very helpful for drawing, painting and retouching. It is only a View option, it will not change anything in the document. I'm not sure at the moment if there are standard shortkeys for it. Probably you caused your "problem" with a gesture ore so. I created my own shortkeys for it [(Shift+)">" for one step to the right, "<" for one to the left and Shift+Ctrl+"<" for Reset]. That works pretty good. I'm on Windows. So you may replace Ctrl by Cmd.

6 minutes ago, tudor said:

On macOS the default shortcut is Cmd-Ctrl-Shift-R.

Ah okay. For Reset? Or for Rotate Right?..

I like my customized settings. They are very handy and quick. But I still would prefer if it would be possible to rotate with a modifier key and dragging the stylus/mouse like in some other apps. Hope that will come in future versions of Affinity.

57 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

Ah okay. For Reset? Or for Rotate Right?..

For Reset. 

On macOS, the canvas can be rotated using the trackpad, or using Cmd+scroll wheel. On Windows I presume Ctrl+scroll wheel should work. All these shortcuts can be enabled/disabled in Preferences.

1 minute ago, tudor said:

For Reset. 

On macOS, the canvas can be rotated using the trackpad, or using Cmd+scroll wheel. On Windows I presume Ctrl+scroll wheel should work. All these shortcuts can be enabled/disabled in Preferences.

Yes, Ctrl+Scroll wheel works on Windows. I forgot that. I prefer the Modifier key + dragging Stylus/Mouse method anyway, because you can reach the degree of rotating you want quicker and easier and even very precisely this way. Rotating with the Scroll wheel is very slow, in my opinion. Rotating in steps with short keys is okay, I think, but it is a little bit slow too.