You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Book Cover created in Designer

AutomatonicGinfizz

i really dig this style! are the watercolor brushes a default set? i haven't used brushes in the Affinity suite much to know for certain.

i also think the typeface combination is great and works for the style you went for here! may i ask what font you used for the back?

9 hours ago, BLVCKFEINT said:

i really dig this style! are the watercolor brushes a default set? i haven't used brushes in the Affinity suite much to know for certain.

i also think the typeface combination is great and works for the style you went for here! may i ask what font you used for the back?

I incorporated a bunch of watercolor scans and layered them for all the textures and backgrounds, then the rest was all done with the default vector brushes, like markers and dry media. This was before I really got into the Pixel persona and started using more raster graphics. I've also become a digital hoarder, and thanks to the contributions on this forum and other places, my brush library has quadrupled and my texture folder is an absolute unit.

The font is called Sandwich

2 hours ago, AutomatonicGinfizz said:

This was before I really got into the Pixel persona and started using more raster graphics.

Ahh! The feeling when you get into the Pixel persona! Before trying some of Affinity features you just don't know their value. Sorry. I just got a reminder or when I first understood that Pixel persona is actually one of those things I'd missed a lot if I'd really thought about it, when I was studying and had an access to Adobe Illustrator. I don't know what the book is about, but the cover you've made is actually thought provoking. That's too rare with modern books. Also the graphics are pleasing to the eye. Thanks for sharing.