You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panorama struggling and crashing

When trying to build a simple panorama from 4 pics with sufficient overlap and clear lines .... this is probably not what I expected ...

806346600_panoramabug.jpg.24f46d108a264210ad6f25069cdc566d.jpg

Aside this AP completely crashed sooner or later when adding  and deleting from the source mask ... no crash report generated.
Looks like there is still a bit of programming required ;-)

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• Staff

Hi Timo,

Thanks for your report and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing crashing currently!

Can you please provide a copy of the source images used to the below link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/TMSpqzGiuPOeCDcBQPj3

Once uploaded, please let me know here - many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

It's just a bit disappointing that I will need to dig out old PS 6 now to finish my project - assuming there will be no bugfix until the major release 😞of AP

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• Staff

Many thanks for providing these for me!

I've been able to replicate this in Affinity Photo, however I also tried these images in PS 23.4 and received the following results:

image.png

image.png

Therefore I believe it is the source images used here causing confusion with the stitching algorithm.

In my testing, I found if I cropped the images to remove the brown border at the bottom, leaving the page only in the image, then exported out to .TIFF and stitched these cropped images together, the result was correct:

image.png

I'll be logging your files with our developers to help improve our stitching algorithm, but using the above crop method should allow you to complete this in Affinity Photo :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!