You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text languages support

If you use the Russian keyboard you’ll get Russian letters! For other Cyrillic alphabets you need to install additional keyboards via the Settings app (‘Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard…’). The availability of Stylistic Sets, Contextual Alternates and other OpenType features will depend on your choice of font.

EEA03E31-584D-4B8A-99CB-E3367057D033.thumb.jpeg.f34d00f29bec7f51354faf3a65c11b1f.jpeg

0BE5376F-4B9E-4640-BA7B-A09CD374CD74.thumb.jpeg.031f396953080efa862ef3657ded3402.jpeg

B76C2D4C-1A0A-4298-814D-CB506A865818.thumb.jpeg.b005c8ae9c49fd36009ec3df333a3de2.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Alfred,

Thanks for taking your time to reply. I am using the "Bulgarian" keyboard, but the only Bulgarian thing about it is the layout. The actual letterforms are still traditional CYR, not localized. Even on the keyboard itself. For instance I will compare what a letter "i" in Russian (traditional) and Bulgarian (rounded) Cyrillic should look like. It's: и (RUS) > u (BGN). You can gain a better understanding if you review this link: https://www.fontfabric.com/blog/rounded-bulgarian-cyrillic-narrative-and-comparison/

25 minutes ago, Devmapall said:

The actual letterforms are still traditional CYR, not localized. Even on the keyboard itself.

I did wonder about that! Even to my untrained eye the different keyboards just look like different arrangements of the same characters.

26 minutes ago, Devmapall said:

You can gain a better understanding if you review this link: https://www.fontfabric.com/blog/rounded-bulgarian-cyrillic-narrative-and-comparison/

Thanks for the link.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 4 months later...