You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No export only in one K-Color possible

Objects defined as 100 % black in CMYK mode cannot be exported separately as a black extract in PDF format (X3/X4). Black is always output split in CMYK with 4 colour separations instead of 1 colour separation. I have checked through all options. Only the black and white mode works, i.e. 100 % black, but no rasterised black tones. Greyscale is always converted to RGB. In Indesign and QuarkXPress this is output correctly. But not in Publisher. Please correct this in the next update. 

Hello Tudor, 

many thanks for your prompt support. 

I have created the document and written the file as you have documented. However, I did not select colour from the menu at the top, but from the colour flyout menu. Apparently the values were not taken over there. If the colour is selected at the top of the menu, then everything is correct, see Acrobat docinfo. Therefore, the problem is solved for me. Thank you very much for your great support.  

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-14 um 12.21.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-14 um 12.25.54.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-14 um 12.28.03.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-14 um 12.30.45.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-14 um 12.36.47.png

7 minutes ago, prismamedien said:

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-14 um 12.36.47.png

As far I remember this default Affinity palette is defined in HSL colour mode. – For K-Only you need to create it separately, for instance: 2 _ Grays _ K-only.afpalette

Note: in a CMYK document the Black swatch right to the palette menu in the Swatches Panel is 100 K only.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

20 hours ago, tudor said:

Indeed, the colors from the Grayscale palette are not CMYK and should not be used where K-only ink is required.

That is a little bit confusing for me, because other applications like QXP oder ID make no difference between the different possibilities to choose color. It should be made more uniform. 

1 hour ago, prismamedien said:

That is a little bit confusing for me, because other applications like QXP oder ID make no difference between the different possibilities to choose color. It should be made more uniform. 

I guess they make a difference, too. But it seems they offer an UI which
a.) makes the space / model of a swatch more obvious,
b.) gives the choice to switch and
c.) display the correct colour values in a swatch name also for modified swatches.

There are a few threads about colour handling and swatches in the Feature Request forums. Maybe you post your vote there, at least it would nudge the thread up ;)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1