You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When working on design presentations, I find it helpful to link in files, so that I can edit them and have the edits reflect in my presentation. This also allows me to keep the file-size manageable for large A0 and up posters.

In Indesign, it is possible to change which layers are visible from linked Photoshop or Illustrator files. Thanks to this, I don't need to export five individual files that I need to manage separately. Each update to one file, means I have to relink multiple others (if I am not planning to overwrite them).

So could we get the ability to change visibility states of linked Affinity files without having to edit the source file?

A source file I have is 23 MB, whereas each of the exports is 10 MB as high quality JPEG (which is half the size of a compressed tiff). So this also helps reduce disk space.

For reference:

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.