You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Seamless Patterns are always off by 0.2-0.4 cm

Thank Affinity Team. I hope you can fix this soon. 

I have another question. I make seamless patterns and it is not seamless when I use the X and Y to move the motifs across and down the tile. It’s always off by 0.2-0.4 cm, and I have to zoom in to fix it manually. Could you please see and fix this too? It is very frustrating when fixing it manually not always goes smoothly. And I spend a lot of time trying to make it seamless. 

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards, Thu Ha

Oh … I don’t know how to do a screen recording.. I googled but it’s not as straightforward as it said. Attached are two photos. 

Sorry, I meant that it was off by 0.02-0.04 cm. It’s not seamless. It happens 8 out of 10 times that it’s not 100% seamless. So I always have to zoom in on workboard 2 to fix it manually by moving +- XY. Then export the tile (art board 1), and bring it in on a new document to place them next to each other to check whether it’s seamless or not. Sometimes artboard 2 shows that it’s seamless, but when I export and check on a new document, it’s still not. So I spend lots of time fixing it sometimes. 

I have sent a couple of pictures for you to view.

I really like Affinity Designer and have been using it for about two years now. Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards, Thu Ha

536CD201-4624-4181-B94D-7E0CEA7E9CF5.png

269DBA83-D0DD-473E-B4B4-62B940C7292D.png

• Staff

Hi @Thu Ha
Could you attach the document so we can try to recreate this. Also please see the link below on how to screen record on ipad. 
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/ipad/ipad08a40f3b/ipados

I followed your link and did what it said, but there’s no recording icon in the control center after swiping it down from the upper right corner.  Although the green plus icon of screen recording is on. 
I don’t know… Do you think you can fix this problem? 
Thanks

Kind regards 

Do you mean like this?

So, I would like to make a seamless pattern. When the image is at the edge of the tile, I need to move it down or across by using X (across) and Y (down). This tile is now 15 x 15 cm.  The tractor image is placed on the top, then I need to copy and paste it. Then move the image Y + 15 cm. It is then moved down to the bottom of the tile. It should fit exactly 100%, but it doesn’t. It is off by 0.02 - 0.04 cm . When I place the tile next to each other on another document, it is not seamless. I hope you understand my problem now. 

Thank you. 

690BCEED-9AD5-4AA0-8038-A993EEF4BB98.jpeg

• Staff
32 minutes ago, Thu Ha said:

Do you mean like this?

Sorry I mean can you save the .afdesign file then upload it either to the forum, or I can provide a private dropbox upload link if you would prefer. 

Do you have 'Force Pixel Alignment' switched on in snapping options? You would also need to make sure the artboards and artwork align to whole pixel values if you want everything to be pixel perfect.