You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Color of Menus and Toolbars lost - everything grey

@Tamaleus

Check under Preferences>User interface, "Monochromatic Iconography".  I suspect you need to untick it.

HTH

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi emmrecs01

Thanks a lot! Found it! However made Re-Installation of Affinity Photo.

However, why the heck, this is not reseted when "Reset to original Settings" is made? Or did I make a mistake?

But, you could de me a favour anyway, if you don't mind: Please tell me how to set "Background of Text-Field" to any Colour, so it is not *transparent* any longer!?

I am that stupid - I did not find out, how to do that! However, at least I am happy so far, because I could not have found it anyway before Re-installation, because everything was messed up. But, I still need to know/learn, how to "fill" Background of "Text-Box". How can I do that? What's your recommendation?

THX + Greez!

Martin

Hi Tamaleus!

It is a different topic than the one of this thread. But however, it depends on the app you are working with. In Photo, you can create a coloured box by first creating a selection in form and size you want the text box, then create a new empty layer and fill the selection with the colour you want. Place the layer below the text layer.

In Designer you can create a coloured shape with the Shape Tool and place it below the text frame.

In Publisher text frames can be coloured directly in the Text Frame Panel (menu "View" > "Studio" > "Text Frame").

Hi

@ all. Danke. Problem war eine völlig "zerschossene" Installation, weshalb auch das mit den Textfeldern völlig "abstrus" funktioniert und für mich nicht mehr zu retten war. Ich hatte dann deshalb alles neu installiert. Und seit dem funktioniert es auch wieder, so, wie die Funktionen nachzulesen sind. Wie es aber zu dieser nicht mehr funktionsfähigen Anwendung (auf PC) gekommen ist, ist mir bis heute ein Rätsel. Nichts desto trotz, nochmals vielen Dank für die Inputs. Ticket to be closed. Over and out!