You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to set up a wacom tablet on affinity designer

• Staff

Hi @Claraoc

Welcome to the Forum. 

If you follow the link below, it should assist you in setting up the tablet. Once the tablet is set up correctly, Affinity Designer should then automatically register the tablet input. 

https://support.wacom.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407257968663

• 1 year later...

For me, I had already installed the drivers for PS and had the tablet working months before I purchased the Affinity Suite and the drivers were already up to date. The challenge for me has been getting consistent performance when using the tablet and Affinity products, specifically Photo 2. It'll work as expected for 15-20 minutes, then it'll freeze, crash, or just give me the spinning pinwheel. Not sure why this is happenening, but it makes me less reliant on Affinity for truly creative work with my tablet. Not sure if others have experienced this as well.

This goes beyond just downloading the drivers and following the installation instructions. There's something causing a performance hit and until i have the time (or desire) to troubleshoot, I'm going to stick to tried and true programs that are more solid with Wacom. That's not to say I won't use Affinity - actually quite the opposite. I've enjoyed exploring Publisher and have a few side projects I'm working on with Designer. But when deadlines are looming, i need reliability and less troubleshooting.

• 1 month later...

I too have noticed poor performance within photo and a Wacom Intuos.

while the pen will operate the software correctly it can be very laggy, sometime not registering when the pen is lifted and scribbling over the canvas. Very inconsistent behaviour. It can pause for a couple of seconds, and then suddenly catch up dumping more scribbles onto your work  

i have tried Bluetooth and usb, and experience issues on both.

I can’t confirm the 15-20mins grace time that Arezendes has noted, but maybe…

I’m running a M1 Pro 16gb. I’ve tried running from a fresh restart with no other apps open. Same result. system and drivers up to date.

Tablet works beautifully in Sketchbook Pro while the machine is doing loads of other complex computation in the background.

This is a bit of a killer bug for me in terms of usability.