You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The problem with drawing

Hi and welcome to the forum. Could you elaborate a bit more detailed what exactly do you want to achieve, and what you rate as the problem?

i see multiple black spots, probably created by the using one of the „ink“ brushes with the given settings (width, opacity, fill, wet edges, fill color)
The result is exactly what i would expect given the brush settings, it matches the preview of the brush in the brush settings.

It seems to be different from what you expect, so it would be hear from you.

Do you use the mouse pointer, or a dedicated tablet to draw?

What is your native language? If it is easier write in your mother language.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Thanks for getting back to me,I use a digital pad to paint,My problem is that the brush tends to malfunction whenever I paint.Especially when the pen swings quickly.Every time the brush fails, it leaves a spot on the canvas,That dot is often a preview of the brush.

This is true for every version I use, so I guess it's my setupOr other questions.

I often use the vector drawing function of the software 

I really want to use the drawing function of the software, because I think the brushes in the software are very good.

Also, the software is a little slow to absorb colors, which seems to be due to zooming in,

How could I turn off the function of magnifying and absorbing colors so that the software can quickly absorb colors

28 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

Hi and welcome to the forum. Could you elaborate a bit more detailed what exactly do you want to achieve, and what you rate as the problem?

i see multiple black spots, probably created by the using one of the „ink“ brushes with the given settings (width, opacity, fill, wet edges, fill color)
The result is exactly what i would expect given the brush settings, it matches the preview of the brush in the brush settings.

It seems to be different from what you expect, so it would be hear from you.

Do you use the mouse pointer, or a dedicated tablet to draw?

What is your native language? If it is easier write in your mother language.

Thanks for getting back to me,I use a digital pad to paint,My problem is that the brush tends to malfunction whenever I paint.Especially when the pen swings quickly.Every time the brush fails, it leaves a spot on the canvas,That dot is often a preview of the brush.

This is true for every version I use, so I guess it's my setupOr other questions.

I have the same problem with Affinity Photo (no Problem in Designer). I tried it with hardware acceleration on and off. In case you fill a new pixel layer with a colour and use the paint brush afterwards it is working correctly. The error might be in conjunction with a recent Win-Update yesterday evening and this morning. I will attache two screen records and a system-information file. In the file msinfo32.txt you will find error messages if you search for "Affinity". The msinfo32.txt-file is only for your internal use - thank you.

Best regards Michael

P.S. Tried to upload the above mentioned files but it does not work with Firefox

msinfo32.txt Hardware acceleration and Win10-Updates.rtf

42 minutes ago, MiPo said:

I have the same problem with Affinity Photo (no Problem in Designer). I tried it with hardware acceleration on and off. In case you fill a new pixel layer with a colour and use the paint brush afterwards it is working correctly. The error might be in conjunction with a recent Win-Update yesterday evening and this morning. I will attache two screen records and a system-information file. In the file msinfo32.txt you will find error messages if you search for "Affinity". The msinfo32.txt-file is only for your internal use - thank you.

Best regards Michael

P.S. Tried to upload the above mentioned files but it does not work with Firefox

msinfo32.txt不可用 硬件加速和 Win10-Updates.rtf 13.11 MB · 1 次下载

Thank you for your reply

I tried the color filling method you mentioned.There's still a problem.

Maybe I drew the line too fast

backgwround.png.2c22d93e03171d407247aaf9379fae7b.pngSnipaste_2022-03-14_18-12-38.thumb.png.b62d421a233bb76d4ce33349a484e63f.pngbackgwround.png.2c22d93e03171d407247aaf9379fae7b.pngSnipaste_2022-03-14_18-12-38.thumb.png.b62d421a233bb76d4ce33349a484e63f.png

Edited by okaabb76

@MiPo

41 minutes ago, MiPo said:

I have the same problem with Affinity Photo (no Problem in Designer). I tried it with hardware acceleration on and off. In case you fill a new pixel layer with a colour and use the paint brush afterwards it is working correctly.

Switch off "Protect Alpha" in the context toolbar for the paint brush

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

24 minutes ago, okaabb76 said:

Thank you for your reply

I tried the color filling method you mentioned.There's still a problem.

Maybe I drew the line too fast

backgwround.png.2c22d93e03171d407247aaf9379fae7b.pngSnipaste_2022-03-14_18-12-38.thumb.png.b62d421a233bb76d4ce33349a484e63f.pngbackgwround.png.2c22d93e03171d407247aaf9379fae7b.pngSnipaste_2022-03-14_18-12-38.thumb.png.b62d421a233bb76d4ce33349a484e63f.png

This looks like a problem with the pressure profile, maybe caused by the drawing tablet.

can you try to adjust the pen pressure sensitivity  ?
Which exact tablet model are you using?

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

20 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

This looks like a problem with the pressure profile, maybe caused by the drawing tablet.

can you try to adjust the pen pressure sensitivity  ?
Which exact tablet model are you using?

I tried to adjust it but it didn't work, Same as before

my PC:AMD FX-7500 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G     2.10 GHz

Digital version:GAOMON tablet

Edited by okaabb76

This might help:

30 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

This might help:

But I turned on Windows INK to solve the problem

The previous problem arose because I used low precision, and I didn't know the Settings.   thank you again 

Also, the software is a little slow to absorb colors, which seems to be due to zooming in,

How could I turn off the function of magnifying and absorbing colors so that the software can quickly absorb colors

Edited by okaabb76

57 minutes ago, okaabb76 said:

Sorry i didn’t understand what you mean with „absorb colors“. Could you record a screen capture video ?

23 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

Sorry i didn’t understand what you mean with „absorb colors“. Could you record a screen capture video ?

This is it

I'm feeling a little slow on the pick colour.

and I have one more question,What are the quick keys for clip masks?

qwe.jpg

Edited by okaabb76