You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remember previous settings for tools ?

Hello,

Is it possible for Affinity Photo to remember the previous settings for the tools I'm using?

For example:

Pen tool: I always use a Cyan stroke of 1pt and Smart Mode.
Each time I start Affinity Photo or open a new file, I have to make these settings again.

Thank you!

You can set most (but not all) settings as object defaults using the defaults system built into the Affinity apps. See for example https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/pages/DesignAids/objectDefaults.html.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, ynnek said:

I draw a second shape and all appears to be well until I make my second click and the fill colour disappears to blank.

At the right end of the Pen Tool's context toolbar there is a "Use Fill" checkbox. (If your window is too narrow to display it, you may have to click on the ">>" icon at the right end of that toolbar to see it.)

Is there a tick in that checkbox?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 hours ago, Bogdan said:

How do I put it on the wish list? 

Make a new topic/suggestion/request in

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/55-feedback-for-affinity-photo-on-desktop/

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.