You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Radial Gradient has no invert function in develop persona

please allow to question this request.

there is no all-purpose gradient tool in Develop Persona.

You only have the option to make gradient overlays (brush, and 3 types of gradients), to limit the range of Basic adjustments in Develop Persona. Overlays do not work with Lens / Detail / Tones adjustment in Develop Persona. Below you can find the complete and final list of adjustments which are sensitive to overlays:

image.png.380554578ba84935304341f55ccb23bd.png

Without any exception, all the adjustments are completely redundant, and can be fully replaced by adjustments in Photo Persona, combined with either a mask layer (and gradients applied to the mask), or even better, by a vector shape (and gradient).

From my perspective, it makes not much sense to add even more redundant functionality.

The overlays are more like a "helper" to ease the learning curve for users switching from other vendor apps, desiring to use their "muscle memory" of legacy workflows.

In my view, they should be fully eliminated from the UI in Develop Persona.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

2 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

In my view, they should be fully eliminated from the UI in Develop Persona.

No please no, keep them. I use them rarely but they are useful.

A reverse curve would be a useful addition to this tool.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.