You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I created a calender in DIN A3 size (420x297 mm). The same calendar has now to be printed in DIN A4 (297x210 mm).

Do i have to construct all the 14 pages of this calender new? Or is it possible to scale down the afpub-document from DIN A3 to DIN A4?

Thank you for helping me!!

Guenter from germany

Welcome to the Affinity forums @Newbee2021!

Visit Spread Setup. Have a look first at the Dimensions tab, change to A4, then visit the Scaling tab and click Rescale. Works "normally" fine with documents having the same ratio. But wouldn't it be enough to scale down while printing? I know, it is not exactly 71% from A3 to A4. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hi Joachim, thank you!

maybe you´re german? So we could write in german, cause I don´t know such many of the words and expressions that are needed. So I don´t know where to find the Dimensions tab.

Of course, I could send the A3 Calender to the printer company, but the document will be very big and I probably have to oder for many times - in single pages. And that is not very comfortable.

Also: falls Du deutsch sprichst, dann gerne auch in deutsch. : - )

Grüße/greetings:

Guenter

5 minutes ago, Newbee2021 said:

maybe you´re german?

Meistens schon. ;)

Auf den Button Layoutseite einrichten klicken, oben im Fenster Alle Layoutseiten anwählen, dann auf dem Reiter Abmessungen A4 einstellen, danach auf den Reiter Skalierung wechseln und Neu skalieren und mit OK das Fenster verlassen. Ich drücke die Daumen.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

26 minutes ago, Newbee2021 said:

Do i have to construct all the 14 pages of this calender new? Or is it possible to scale down the afpub-document from DIN A3 to DIN A4?

It is possible, as Joachim pointed out, but actually it is totally unnötig. Lass dein A3 PDF einfach in A4 ausgeben (Größe: 71 %). 🤓

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

... dankedanke,

ich bin (noch) nicht so firm mit dtp-software. Ich habe es versucht, wie es Joachim beschrieben hat. Dabei wird zunächst nur die Hintergrundseite scaliert, die anderen Text- und Bildebenen nicht, die müsste ich vorher vermutlich erst rastern. Also werde ich es erstmal mit scaliertem pdf (71%) probieren.

Nochmals danke,

Grüße aus dem Odenwald:

Guenter