You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lost all panels, fixed but now I have an extra one

With a deadline coming up I must have pressed the wrong button in Designer because suddenly while I was editing some vectors, I lost my layers / Styles / navigator / transform panels for three days.

Having finally found the reset view >studio> reset studio and I now have my panels back and I don’t have to switch awkwardly to edit vector lines one-by-one anymore. But now I seem to have an extra panel that I don’t remember seeing before on the left next to the tools tab with “assets” and “appearance” as options and I can’t seem to collapse this out of the way and it’s taking up screen real estate.

Any advice?

View > Studio > Show Left Studio

Uncheck it.

Or alternatively grab the name Assets with the move tool and drag it towards the centre of the work area, this will cause it to become floating and you can click on the x in the top of it to close the panel. Do it to all the others you want to close.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

48 minutes ago, MEB said:

Go to menu/untick: View > Studio> Show Left Studio

49 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

View > Studio > Show Left Studio

Uncheck it.

Or alternatively grab the name Assets with the move tool and drag it towards the centre of the work area, this will cause it to become floating and you can click on the x in the top of it to close the panel. Do it to all the others you want to close.

Thank you both! @Old Bruce - a man after my heart with your 2012 Mac setup.